If you've been keeping up with our Instagram, then you know that we've been enjoying Miami, South Beach, Mexico, and Nicaragua. What were we doing in Miami for an entire month? How did we end up in Central America in the middle of December? Why did Jamie almost yell at P.Diddy? How did we speed up from our usual 5 knots? Who came to visit? It's all here...
On December 1st 2017, after a beautiful 12 hour sail down the coast of Florida from Palm Beach to Miami, we finally stopped the Southbound grind and decided to settle in for a while. A while ended up meaning exactly one month, because we are heading to the Bahamas tomorrow.
7 notable things that happened in Miami:
1. We had the pleasure of staying on a beautiful 65' Viking Sportfish in Miami Beach thanks for Trevor's friend Tom. We thoroughly enjoyed the air conditioning and hot showers (luxuries we do not have on our little Frannie). Thanks Tom!
2. Jamie got to go for a few flights to Key West (Florida), Bimini (Bahamas), and Cat Cay (Bahamas). This only fuelled her longing to get back in the cockpit, but it was a wonderful surprise. Nothing like breakfast in Key West, lunch in the Bahamas, and dinner in Miami! Thank you Caravan Chris!
3. We had some of our favourite people come visit us from Toronto - something that may not be so possible in the remote islands of the Bahamas... We loved being in such a central location!!! Jamie's cousin Nick and his new fiancé Ally, and our friends Morgan and Brendon!
4. We booked two last minute trips to Nicaragua (Trevor) and Mexico (Jamie) to visit family for 10 days. We left the boat on a mooring ball and had some wonderful time away from the boat.
5. We enjoyed this beautiful anchorage right next to Star Island in Miami Beach for almost 2 weeks! Although, we had one especially sleepless night when Jamie was feeling a bit under the weather... The music coming from the island was loud... by 4am, she almost went over to the partying house to tell them off - but it's a good thing she didn't because we later found out that P.Diddy was the culprit!
6. We got to speed up a little bit, hitting 72 MPH in Tom's MTI. Needless to say, Jamie was all over driving at those speeds. Thanks again Tom!
7. We had a wonderful adventure planning and executing operation "Christmas dinner on the boat" with the help of our friend Jim. (If you missed it, check out the video below).